I was elected in 2016 as Collier County Commissioner for District 2. Shortly after taking office in 2016, I was nominated to be the Economic Development Liaison for the County Commission to both the Naples Accelerator and the Southwest Florida Economic Development Alliance. I was also appointed to the Value Adjustment Board and elected its Chairman in July of 2017. In January of 2018, I was unanimously elected Chairman of the Collier County Commission for 2018. As Chairman, I committed to maintaining civility and decorum during the meetings and moving through the very full agendas in an orderly and professional manner. I am grateful to my colleagues for making the commitment to civility and professionalism during our deliberations on very difficult issues like affordable housing, medical marijuana, Hurricane recovery, and various zoning applications.
In addition to being a Commissioner, I am also a Director with the Law firm of Cohen & Grigsby, PC. I have practiced law in Collier County for 25 years. My practice has included construction litigation, real estate, business law, and land use. My clients have included homeowners, business owners, contractors, and trade associations. My prior experience in working with Collier County Government on the private sector side helps me maintain a balanced perspective in making decisions that affect County governance, private property rights and the businesses in Collier County.
Prior to being elected, I served on the Collier County Planning Commission. My time on the Planning commission gave me a deep understanding of the growth management issues faced by Collier County. These include transportation, environmental, and growth management issues. My extensive involvement in the economic development efforts over the last ten years has also given me a unique perspective and understanding of Collier County’s economy. I serve on the Opportunity Naples Implementation Committee which is charged with implementing the Strategic Plan developed through a year-long process.
I also served as President of the Council of Hispanic Business Professionals from 2012 to 2015. The Council serves as the voice of the Hispanic business community and provided the County Commission and other organizations with feedback relating to the Hispanic community. The Hispanic community accounts for approximately 25% of the County’s registered voters and over 50% of the future workforce being educated in our schools.
This broad range of experience and my experience as a Collier County Commissioner during one of the most challenging times in Collier County History caused by Hurricane Irma, make me the most knowledgeable and experienced candidate for District 2 and our County as a whole.
- Director, Cohen & Grigsby, PC, 2006-present
- Partner, Siket, Solis & Maher, P.L., 2002-2006
- Partner, Kelly, Price, Passidomo, Siket & Solis, LLP 1998-2001
- Associate, Young, van Assenderp, and Varnadoe, P.A. 1993-1998
- Law Clerk to Justice Ben F. Overton, Florida Supreme Court, 1991-1993
- Member, Collier County Planning Commission, 2015-2016
- Opportunity Naples, Implementation Committee, 2014-present
- President, Council of Hispanic Business Professionals, Inc., 2012-2015
- Board of Directors, Council of Hispanic Business Professional, Inc., 2009-2016
- President, Hispanic Council Foundation of Collier County, Inc., 2014-present
- Steering Committee, Partnership For Collier’s Economic Future, 2013-2014
- Investor Advisory Committee, Southwest Florida Economic Development Alliance, 2014-2015
- Board of Directors, Avow Hospice, Inc., 2012-2014
- Board of Directors, Collier County Bar Association
- Chair, Trial Law Section, Collier County Bar Association, 2010-2011
- President, 2005-2006; Thomas S. Biggs American Inn of Court
- “AV Preeminent” Martindale-Hubbell rating
- 2-time All-American, University of Alabama, Tennis
- University of Alabama Tennis Hall of Fame, Inducted 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Political Advertisement Paid for and Approved by Andy Solis, Republican for Collier County Commission, District 2